We've hand-picked these items because they are a great choice alongside the Ideal Standard Calista Mono Basin Mixer Tap
- Beautiful mono basin tap with or without pop-up waste
- Made from brass with a chrome plated finish to add a modern touch to your bathroom
- Dual control allows you to accurately regulate the temperature of running water
- Temperature limit stop is an adjustable setting that controls and limits the water temperature to your preference to avoid scalding. Ideal for family homes and provides peace of mind
- Economic 5L/min aerator - this is an environmentally friendly, removable feature which limits the maximum flow rate whilst fusing air into the water flow. This results in a soft and bubbly flow of water
- EasyFix® system allows one-man installation thanks to the preassembled components that ensures a faster, hassle-free installation and saves up to 30% of the installation time
- Pre-installed flexible tails to assist and help speed up the installation process
- Suitable for high-pressure water systems only - for more information, read our blog on water pressure here
- WRAS approved - this product is certified in compliance with the Water Regulations Advisory Scheme. To find out more information of the WRAS approval scheme, please see our blog post here
- 5 year manufacturer's guarantee
- Height: 136mm
- Width: 50mm
- Depth: 140mm
- Projection: 104mm
|Type||Basin Mixer Taps|
|Brand Range||Ideal Standard Calista|
|GuaranteeMore information||5 Years|
Please note that these guarantees are provided by the manufacturer, and will be subject to individual terms and conditions, for example avoiding abrasive bleach-based cleaning products.
If you need further info about a specific manufacturer's guarantee, please contact our team.
|Cartridge TypeMore information||Ceramic Disc|
|Popular Features||WRAS Approved|
Taps use either a ceramic disc cartridge or a rubber compression washer to control flow. Rubber washers will naturally wear down with use, and the tap handle will require more and more rotations to turn on or off. On the plus side, it's very easy to replace a rubber washer and they're available everywhere.
Ceramic disc cartridges need only a 90-degree rotation to fully open or close, and the 2 ceramic plates are incredibly hard-wearing and resilient. They're more expensive to make, but they allow for a huge range of designs, easy operation and simple maintenance if needed.
Whilst it is rare for a ceramic cartridge to need replacing, you may very occasionally need to remove and rinse the cartridge if grit or debris within the water system is preventing the 2 plates from closing properly. Much like replacing a rubber washer, this is a quick and easy job, and will ensure many years of use.
Tap aerators are simple but beautifully-engineered devices that save water and money without a perceived loss of pressure. These small attachments are inserted inside the end of the spout and provide a regulated, smoothed and aerated flow of water by separating a single flow into many tiny streams. These streams mix with air as they flow from the tap, meaning less water is needed to achieve the same 'feel' and performance as non-aerated taps.
They can also be purchased separately and retrofitted to most taps, or they can usually be uninstalled if not wanted. They're a great benefit on high pressure systems where the full flow of water is unnecessary, cutting your water bills and helping to reduce wastage. On lower-pressure systems they can help to improve the performance of a tap by adding air to the limited flow of water available. All-in-all, they're pretty awesome.
|Mounting Type||Deck Mounted|
|Finish||Polished Chrome, Chrome|
|Handle Type||Lever, Single Control, Round|
|Spout TypeMore information||Fixed Spout, Straight Spout|
Tap spouts are available in a variety of different styles which have an effect on both the look and function of your tap. Different spout types will have different heights and projections, so it’s important to choose one which will complement your basin or bath.
|Flow Rate at 0.5 Bar (l/min)||2.1|
|Flow Rate at 1 Bar (l/min)||3|
|Flow Rate at 1.5 Bar (l/min)||3.6|
|Flow Rate at 2 Bar (l/min)||4.2|
|Flow Rate at 3 Bar (l/min)||5.1|
|Flow Rate at 4 Bar (l/min)||5.9|
|Flow Rate at 5 Bar (l/min)||6.6|
|Minimum Water PressureMore information||0.5|
Your water pressure depends on your home's water system. It’s important to consider water pressure when buying a new tap or shower. Buying a product with a minimum water pressure that’s too high for your home will result in poor performance.
- With a combi boiler you can usually expect between 1 and 2 bar
- With a gravity system (cold water tank in attic) you may have as little as 0.1 or 0.2 bar upstairs, and perhaps 0.5 bar downstairs
- With a high pressure unvented system (hot water cylinder, no cold water tank) you will generally have between 1 and 3 bar
You can install an item with a low minimum pressure rating on a high pressure system, but avoid installing an item with a high minimum rating on a low pressure system! Read our guide to water pressure to learn more.
Products from the same range
You may also like
Customers also bought
Popular related categories
If you're unsure on the specifics of how to descale and clean your tap cartridge, look no further than this handy guide. You're bound to be an expert on cleaning tap cartridges at the end of this article so knuckle down and get ready for some super useful knowledge!
Nowadays, the vast majority of modern bathroom and kitchen taps use ceramic disc cartridges instead of rubber washers. In simple terms, this means no (or at least far fewer) leaks, and only a 90-degree rotation to turn the tap on or off.