The Tap Factory Vibrance Brushed Brass WRAS Approved Concealed Thermostatic Shower Valve with Fixed Shower Head and Shower Handset
• Comes with matching shower valve, shower hose & handset and fixed overhead shower
• WRAS and TMV2 approved
• Thermostatic control keeps the temperature where you set it and you and your family safe
• Suitable for all water systems including low pressure gravity-fed
• Minimum 0.2 bar water pressure required
• One handle switches between outlets, the other controls the temperature
• Matching basin tap available
• Height: 90mm
• Width: 272mm
• Depth: 165mm
• Height: 90mm
• Width: 53mm
• Depth: 335mm
• Height: 47.5mm
• Width: 200mm
Shower Hose & Handset
• Hose Length: 1500mm
• Handset Height: 210mm
• Handset Width: 28mm
|Type||Concealed Shower Sets & Valves|
|Brand||The Tap Factory|
|Brand Range||The Tap Factory Vibrance|
|Minimum Water PressureMore information||0.2|
|Cartridge TypeMore information||Ceramic Disc|
|GuaranteeMore information||2 Years|
Your water pressure depends on your home's water system. It’s important to consider water pressure when buying a new tap or shower. Buying a product with a minimum water pressure that’s too high for your home will result in poor performance.
- With a combi boiler you can usually expect between 1 and 2 bar
- With a gravity system (cold water tank in attic) you may have as little as 0.1 or 0.2 bar upstairs, and perhaps 0.5 bar downstairs
- With a high pressure unvented system (hot water cylinder, no cold water tank) you will generally have between 1 and 3 bar
You can install an item with a low minimum pressure rating on a high pressure system, but avoid installing an item with a high minimum rating on a low pressure system! Read our guide to water pressure to learn more.
Taps use either a ceramic disc cartridge or a rubber compression washer to control flow. Rubber washers will naturally wear down with use, and the tap handle will require more and more rotations to turn on or off. On the plus side, it's very easy to replace a rubber washer and they're available everywhere.
Ceramic disc cartridges need only a 90-degree rotation to fully open or close, and the 2 ceramic plates are incredibly hard-wearing and resilient. They're more expensive to make, but they allow for a huge range of designs, easy operation and simple maintenance if needed.
Whilst it is rare for a ceramic cartridge to need replacing, you may very occasionally need to remove and rinse the cartridge if grit or debris within the water system is preventing the 2 plates from closing properly. Much like replacing a rubber washer, this is a quick and easy job, and will ensure many years of use.
Please note that these guarantees are provided by the manufacturer, and will be subject to individual terms and conditions, for example avoiding abrasive bleach-based cleaning products.
If you need further info about a specific manufacturer's guarantee, please contact our team.
Products from the same range
Customers also bought
Popular related categories
Need more help?
Not all taps on the market are the same and, more often than not, require a bit of background research before you purchase. Choose the right ones for your water pressure after reading this guide.