Thermogroup Vario EZ Underfloor Heating Cable Kit
Using patented and unique technology in the UK market, the Vario EZ underfloor heating cable kit from Thermogroup is super easy to install, incredibly safe to use and very efficient.
Using TwistedTwin™ technology, the heating cable has a tough fluoropolymer coating on the outside and on the internal conductors, as well as a continuous armoured earth sheath and multi strand twin conductors. In essence, this unique technology makes for a more robust and safe cable that will be longer lasting than others on the market.
And using patented technology, installing will be a breeze. With a high grab adhesive fixing strip, you can easily measure the distance required between the cables using the pre-measurement guide and stick it down ready for the next step of installation.
You can use this kit as a primary heat source depending on your individual requirements and insulation levels. It is recommended to install with a spacing that achieves an output of at least 150W/m² with at least 80% of your floor covered to ensure a primary source of heat. To work out how much you need, simply work out how many meter squared your space is and use the table below to work out the length of cabling required.
At just 3.5mm thick, you won’t need to significantly raise the level of your floor, simply use a layer of 10mm self-levelling compound before laying your chosen floor finish - carpet, laminate, timber of vinyl. If installing underneath tiles, then you can use a layer of flexible tile adhesive instead. And with a lifetime guarantee, you can buy with confidence that this heating system will warm your toes for years to come.
• Heating cable kit to give you flexibility to your installation
• Comes with: Vario cable dispenser, Vario fixing strip, factory test certificate and an installation guide
• Patented high grab adhesive strip allows you to easily measure and install your cable thanks to the pre-marked 10mm increment guide. It also allows you to measure and mark on the substrate.
• For primary heating source - you need to space the cable to achieve an output of at least 150W/m2 with at least 80% floor coverage
• If you have an older building or low insulation levels, you may need to decrease cable spacing to increase the output to at least 200W/m2
• Also suitable to use as a secondary heating source
• TwistedTwin™ heating cable is only 3.5mm thick
• Safe to use in wet areas
• It’s recommended to use insulation boards to reduce heat up times and to create a more efficient system. If using for timber substrates, use a coated board. For concrete substrates use an uncoated board - sold separately, see recommended extras.
• Lifetime guarantee
• Maximum thickness: 3.5mm
• Maximum operating temperature: 29C
Heat up times:
• Concrete & 50mm Econoboard - 30 minutes
• Concrete & 10mm Econoboard - 1 hour
• Un-insulated concrete - 5 hours
• Concrete & sub surface insulation - 3 hours
• Chipboard & 10mm Econoboard - 30 minutes
• Un-insulated chipboard - 1 hour
Size and output information:
for 1 to 2m2 areas. Output: 185W
for 2 to 3m2 areas. Output: 300W
for 3 to 4m2 areas. Output: 450W
for 4 to 5m2 areas. Output: 600W
for 5 to 6m2 areas. Output: 750W
for 6 to 8m2 areas. Output: 900W
for 8 to 10m2 areas. Output: 1200W
Delivery & Returns:
- UK mainland orders big or small ship for free if you spend £500 or more. If you're spending less, our standard pallet charge for large orders (baths, sanitaryware, shower enclosures etc.) is £29.99 for most areas. For small orders our standard charge is £4.99 for most areas.
- Each item has an estimated lead time displayed in working days (Mon-Fri). Please note that when ordering multiple items, the longest estimated lead time shown would apply. If you're particularly urgent, you might like to split your order or give us a call to see what we can do.
- Next day deliveries - for large items that are in stock, order before 1pm and choose Next Day Pallet Delivery to receive the next working day (Monday - Friday). For small items that are in stock, order by 4pm and select Next Day (Monday - Friday). Delivery estimates are shown in the basket and checkout.
- Important: Items are subject to availability and delay in delivery of goods is sometimes out of our control. We pride ourselves in having the UK's largest online offering of bathroom products however some of our products are not kept in stock and need to be specially ordered for you. In the event that a product is out of stock with our supplier, we will notify you by email or telephone as soon as possible and give you the option to wait, switch to an alternative product, or cancel your order and receive a refund.
For full information on how and when we deliver, see here.
For our returns policy click here.