You are here:
- COVID-19 Information
Status (Updated 30th June)
We are open
Our warehouse and delivery partners are operational
Our office teams are working from home and are available via live chat, email or phone
There is no roadmap for how to navigate these challenging new times. What is certain is that we must all do our part to fight against this very serious threat to our health, the economy, and our livelihoods.
We’d like to let you know we are still open for business, although we certainly wouldn’t call it business as usual - far from it.
Business as usual would mean a packed warehouse and a bustling office - things that are simply not acceptable right now. It would also mean availability of almost every product we offer, and unfortunately this isn’t the case either (although we do have a considerable amount of stock available).
So rather than pretend otherwise, we’d like to tell you honestly and openly exactly what we’re doing to keep our employees and customers safe, and to protect the livelihoods of the 100+ people that make our business what it is.
- Our delivery partners are exclusively making no-contact deliveries. For houses, this generally means our delivery partners will place items in your driveway, rear garden or garage as requested, while maintaining social distancing restrictions. If these locations aren't available, your items can be placed outside your house.
- For flats and apartments, where possible and appropriate, our delivery partners will place items in the communal hallway or doorway.
- Our delivery partners will not require you to physically sign for the goods. Instead, delivery teams will record a ‘Delivered on Authority’ status on your behalf.
- All of our delivery partners are following social distancing measures and have sanitizer available to clean their hands between each delivery. For peace-of-mind, we would still advise that you wash your hands carefully after handling any parcels you receive - not just ours.
Our Team Members
- The majority of our team members have been working from home since the middle of March. Our physical offices are closed, but you can still reach us by email, live chat and telephone. Phone service, however, may be a little more limited than usual.
- All of our team members remain employed, are being paid, and are either working or are temporarily furloughed.
- We are being more flexible than ever with things like balancing work and childcare, and we have supplied IT equipment and furniture to many of our work-from-homers to ensure they are safe and comfortable.
- One of our core principles is that you should have fun at work, so we’re doing what we can to help re-inject the social side of work into our remote teams. We were already used to using IT tools like Slack and Hangouts, so we’re focusing on how we can best keep people feeling connected and part of a wider team.
- We’re conscious that mental health is being tested now more than ever. We’re looking at offering 1-on-1 video sessions with trained mental health and occupational psychology professionals for any team members finding things particularly hard.
- We have significantly reduced the number of employees working within our warehouse at any one time. Currently, we have as few as 10 people working within a large, open environment, and 2m social distancing measures are adhered to. All higher-risk staff, as well as those who live with high-risk friends or relatives have been identified and offered furlough and/or paid holiday.
- The frequency of cleaning operations within our warehouse has been increased considerably. For example, high-risk touchpoints like door handles and kitchen equipment are disinfected every 2 hours.
- Hand sanitizer and face protection masks are readily available for our warehouse team.
- Customer collections have been suspended, with limited availability of free local delivery being offered instead.
- All of our delivery partners remain operational, and next day and weekend options are still possible on stocked products to most of the UK.
- Due to specific cases where a supplier has closed, some items are currently unavailable and display an estimated delivery time (‘from 4th May’) and a ‘Pre-Order’ button. You are very welcome to order these, but we do not know exactly when they will be available again yet.
- All items that are showing ‘In Stock’ or ‘Next Day Delivery Available’ are available from our warehouse in Bournemouth and can be delivered across the UK as normal.
- Items that are showing an estimated lead time such as ‘3 - 7 Days’ are available as normal, but may in some cases take a little longer than they usually do.
- We’re still offering our usual 90-day exchange window, as well as 30-day refunds.
- We can still arrange collection of your items as usual (charges may apply), but the same no-contact measures will apply as they do with deliveries.
It goes without saying that things are moving very quickly at the moment. The information above is accurate now, but may change without prior notice so we’d recommend checking back again.
From everyone at Drench, please take care of yourself and those around you, and don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns.